2005 – 2011
2005 – 2012
Rector – Prof. Stanisław Krawczyński, conductor
• Conferment of a honoris causa doctorate upon Prof. Peter Lucas Graf.
• Ceremonial conferment of the academic titles of doctor and doctor habilitated at the Academy of Music in Kraków.
• Session and a concert Hommage a Marek Stachowski.
• 10th Bach Days Festival.
• International symposium “Beethoven: Between the Music of the North and South” as part of the 9th Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival.
• National Academic Conference New Curriculum Basis for the Subject MUSIC in Secondary Schools.
• 3rd International Percussion Festival “Sources and Inspirations”.
• 7th Summer Academy of Music.
• 11th Tadeusz Żmudziński Competition.
• Luigi Boccherini Festival – on the 200th anniversary of his death.
• Seminar “Within the Sphere of Alban Berg’s Music (commemorating the 70th anniversary of the composer’s death) and of Anthon Webern’s Music ( commemorating the 60th anniversary of the composer’s death)” discussion forum, concerts.
• Seminar “Vytautas Bacevičius (1905-1970). Thoughts and Music.” Concert and exhibition commemorating a centennial anniversary of the composer’s birth.
• Seminar “10th anniversary of the death of Prof. Jargoń”.
• “An Artist and his World”- symposium and concerts devoted to Prof. Marek Stachowski
• 11th Bach Days Festival.
• International symposium “Beethoven. Heritage and Resonance” as part of the 10th Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival.
• 4th International Percussion Festival “Sources and Inspirations”.
• The academic orchestra and choir took part in the Holly Mass consecrated by Pope Benedict the 16th
• 8th Summer Academy of Music
• The beginning of doctoral studies in composition, music theory, conducting and instrumental studies
• 12th Tadeusz Żmudziński Competition
• The Academic Orchestra took part in the Warsaw Autumn Festival
• 8th International Bach Academy – G.F.Haendel Der Messiah – W.A. Mozart’s version
• 1st National Competition of String Players
• The Academy’s Celebrations – conferment of awards, distinctions and the 2nd conferment of the academic titles of Doctor and Doctor habilitated
• Conferment of a honoris causa doctorate upon Prof. Krystyna Moszumańska-Nazar.
• 12th Bach Days Festival.
• International symposium “Beethoven. Music and Literature” as part of the 11th Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival.
• 5th International Percussion Festival “Sources and Inspirations”.
• 9th Summer Academy of Music.
• 13th Tadeusz Żmudziński Competition.
• Conferment of a honoris causa doctorate upon Prof. Henryk Mikołaj Górecki.
• 13th Bach Days Festival.
• 4th International Flute Competition.
• 10th Summer Academy of Music.
• International Symposium “Organ Music Today. The Role and Task of an Organist in a Church”.
• International Symposium “Music as a Message of Truth and Beauty”.
• Stockhausens-Gruss, Stockhausen Days in Kraków.
• 1st Krzysztof Penderecki International Cello Competition.
• Anniversary of the Music Academy – 120 concerts for 120 years of the Academy.
• 6th International Percussion Festival „Sources and Inspirations”.
• Remembrance day devoted to Prof. Krystyna Moszumańska-Nazar.
• 14th Bach Days.
• 4th Choir Festival Cantate Domino.
• 11th Summer Academy of Music.
• Joaquin Rodrigo (1901-1999). Sources, inspirations, his significance for the guitar literature. International symposium commemorating the 10th anniversary of the composer’s death.
• The Bohuslav Martinů Days on the 50th anniversary of the composer’s death.
• Academic session “On the Path to New Harmony”.
• Chopin Year Celebration – Inauguration at the Kraków Opera House, concerts organized by the Piano Department, marathon Chopin Non Stop
• 15th Bach Days
• Project “Musical Coexistence. Tradition meets Contemporary” – conference, workshops, concerts
• 5th Choir Festival Cantate Domino
• Małopolska Workshops for Choir Ensembles
• 12th Summer Academy of Music
• XI International Congress on Musical Signification
• Participation of Marcin Koziak (class of Prof. S. Wojtas) in the 15th International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition
• Meetings with Italian Music
• Concert Henryk Mikołaj Górecki In Memoriam
• The Fairy Queen – opera project featuring the students of the Voice and Drama Faculty and The Baroque Orchestra of the Music Academy in Kraków under Paul Esswood direction
• Prof. Eugenia Umińska In Memoriam – 100th Birth Anniversary and 30th Death Anniversary
• International project “Polish-German Performance of Seven Gates of Jerusalem by Krzyszof Penderecki” featuring the Choir and Orchestra of Music Academy in Kraków, concerts in Würzburg and Rzeszów
• 7th International Percussion Festival “Sources and Inspirations”
• The Opera Gala
• 17th Ada Sari International Vocal Artistry Competition and Festival, accompanied by the performance of Sacred Concerts by Duke Ellington
• aXes. Triduum of New Music
• ABAM Annual Conference (Rectors Conference of the Association of Baltic Academies of Music)
• Ferenc Liszt International Days
• Zygmunt Stojowski – 65th Death Anniversary of the composer. Conference, concerts
• “On the Way to a New Harmony” (III), Instrument-Invention-Idiom – Aerophones in History and Mutability of Cultures
• Concert of the “Tebe poem” Choir from Krasnoyarsk City as a part of the cooperation between the Music Academies
• Masterclasses given by Paul Badura-Skoda, Kevin Kenner, Colin Metters, and Gabriel Chmura
• Participation of Maria Sławek and Aleksandra Kuls (students of the Music Academy) in the 15th International Henryk Wieniawski Violin Competition in Poznań
• Piotr Orzechowski (student of the Music Academy) becomes the first Polish pianist ever awarded at the 13th Parmigiani Montreux Jazz Piano Solo Competition, taking place during the 45th Montreux Jazz Festival (July 7, 2011)