Recognition of foreign studies graduation diplomas
Nostrification is a procedure of recognition of foreign academic degrees, professional titles and diplomas in Poland. Nostrification may be carried out for the documents which cannot be considered as equivalent to the relevant Polish diploma and professional title on the basis of another international agreement.
Nostrification proceedings are initiated on request of the person requesting for nostrification (with an academic or your own application template).
The request shall include:
- a diploma of completion of studies with its translation into Polish*
- documents allowing for the assessment of the course of studies, learning outcomes obtained and the duration of studies, or constituting the basis for awarding the degree, with their translation into Polish*
- a certificate, diploma or another document based on which the person applying for nostrification was admitted to studies, or applied for the award of an academic degree
- statement of the person the person applying for nostrification, regarding his/her place and date of birth (academic or your own template) and – for academic degrees – the statement with the information whether the degree has been subject of nostrification proceedings in the Republic of Poland.
* translation does not have to be certified
At the initial stage, please send the scans of the documents referred to in the points (1-4) to the e-mail address of the Teaching Office employee (email@example.com).
You can find the detailed information and the application and statement templates below:
Application template (in Polish)
Statement on the date and place of birth (in Polish)
The fee for carrying out the nostrification proceedings shall be paid to the following bank account:
Bank Pekao S. A. III oddział w Krakowie
PL 41 1240 2294 1111 0000 3708 8240
Title of the transfer: Nostrification proceedings, name and surname of the applicant
For more information please contact (preferably by email):
tel. + 48 12 422 44 55, ext. 200