STEP I: REGISTRATION
Registration takes place via the Module for Electronic Registration of Candidates (Polish abbreviation: MERK) of the Krzysztof Penderecki Academy of Music in Kraków, the link to which is available at:
Registration dates: 16 May from 12:00 p.m. to 13 June 2023 until 11:59 p.m.
The following materials in electronic form should be attached to the recruitment form:
- a colour photograph meeting the same requirements as a photograph for an identity card,
- a scanned copy of the student academic record (transcript) regarding the undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) programme or long-cycle master’s degree programme or other document confirming the course of study during such a programme – this refers to candidates applying for admission to the graduate (master’s degree) programme, taking exams for a field of study other than the one they graduated from, excluding the graduates of the Krzysztof Penderecki Academy of Music in Kraków,
- a scanned copy of the documents listed in § 1, sec. 4 i 5.
The correct submission of the form will be confirmed by an automatic message (please do not reply).
NOTE! PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS BY POST!
STEP II: FEES
The bank account number to which the recruitment fee should be paid:
41 1240 2294 1111 0000 3708 8240
The amount: PLN 150.00*
Transfer title: forename and surname and the department to which the candidate applies
* IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO TAKE EXAMS FOR MORE THAN ONE FIELD OF STUDY, YOU MUST PAY A MULTIPLE OF THIS AMOUNT AND PROVIDE THE NAMES OF THE FACULTIES TO WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING. THE FEE MUST BE CREDITED TO THE ACADEMY’S ACCOUNT ON THE DAY OF THE EXAM AT THE LATEST.
In addition, the candidate sends a scanned copy of the proof of payment of the recruitment fee to the Academy’s account (also using the MERK system).
Payment information for foreigners:
Akademia Muzyczna w Krakowie
Sw. Tomasza Street 43, 31-027 Krakow
Bank PEKAO SA, III Oddział Kraków
IBAN: PL 42 1240 2294 1978 0010 2649 8028
STEP III: EXAMS
The exams will take place between 17 June and 3 July 2023.
1. Before taking the entrance examination, the candidate should submit to the examination board the following materials:
1) proof of payment of the admission fee to the Academy’s account (in case it was not submitted in the MERK system on time)
2) identity card (for inspection)
3) for the “Composition” major:
- for the undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) programme: at least three independently produced compositions, preferred various ensembles: instrumental, vocal or mixed,
- for the graduate (master’s degree) programme: a selection of scores and recordings of own compositions with diverse cast (orchestral, chamber, solo, vocal, instrumental, electroacoustic) completed in recent years, proving the candidate has the composition skills required at the completion of the undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) programme in composition.
STEP IV: EXAM RESULTS
- the meetings of the Faculty Admissions Committees regarding decisions on the admission to the programmes will be held after the completion of the entrance examinations;
- after the announcement of the recruitment results, please wait for the letter sent electronically (e-mail) to all the candidates who have been admitted to the programmes by the decision of the Faculty Admissions Committee together with the information about the deadline and the required scanned copies of documents for enrolment (entry onto the list of students);
- as regards candidates who have not been admitted to the programmes and all foreigners, the decision of the Faculty Admissions Committee will be sent to them by registered letter (traditional post, with acknowledgement of receipt).
PLEASE REMEMBER TO MEET THE REQUIRED DEADLINES. IF YOU ARE NOT ENTERED ONTO THE LIST OF STUDENTS BY THE REQUIRED DEADLINE, THIS WILL MEAN RESIGNATION FROM THE PROGRAMME AND WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE LIST OF ADMITTED CANDIDATES.
STEP V: ENROLMENT
1. In order to be enrolled, you must send a declaration and scanned copies of the required documents to the provided e-mail address or deliver them in person to the designated Dean’s Office by the required deadline. Detailed information will be sent to your email addres and can be found in the Recruitment tab on the AMKP website.
No later than by the day preceding the start date of the academic year, an enrolled person must present the following documents at the appropriate Dean’s Office, or otherwise that person will be removed from the list of students:
- the original documents required for enrolment – for the purpose of confirming that the scanned copies sent previously are true copies of the originals – and a proof of identity for inspection;
- candidates who are foreigners and candidates who have selected a programme in the English language submit the documents translated into Polish;
- if the documents were obtained abroad, the candidate submits them in the original and a translation into Polish, together with a document certifying their recognition (if required); Academic recognition.