The mission of the Academy of Music in Kraków – from the beginning of its existence (i.e. for over 120 years) – has been the education of musicians – humanists in a broad context of musical culture and art, in accordance with the motto: per academiam ad astra, through:
– teaching musical craftsmanship in a master – student relation;
– versatile development of gifts and talents;
– teaching sensitivity to beauty, where tradition meets the contemporary, datum meets novum, the past meets the present;
– opening to various forms of cultural activity, including culture formation;
– development of artistic taste and of the ability to evaluate cultural phenomena.