Rector of the PWSM (1964-66)
Violinist, teacher and music editor
She studied violin wit J. Jarzębski at the conservatory in Warsaw, with O. Ševcik in Prague and with G. Enescu in Paris. She gave concerts in many European countries. She was the first performer of many works written by Polish composers and an outstanding interpreter of the works of K. Szymanowski, with whom she performed and recorded. During the Nazi occupation she performed as a soloist and chamber musician in the music café of B. Woytowicz and other places accessible to Polish citizens. Then, as a consequence of her patriotic attitude, she had to hide from the Gestapo. Awarded by PWM Edition for her initiative in performing Polish music (1948). In 1949 she was honoured with the Order of the Banner of Labour. At PWM she prepared for print many works of Polish composers, such as K. Szymanowski, H. Wieniawski, Z. Noskowski, A. Andrzejewski, A. Zarzycki, A. Malawski. Among her students are: K. Danczowska, J. Kaliszewska, T. Głąbówna, W. Kwaśny.
She was the Rector of the School in the difficult times after the death of B. Rutkowski, helped by Prorector J. Hoffman. In 1965, in cooperation with Kraków Philhamonics, the school initiated the festival Days of Organ Music.