By June 15th 2020 the final decision shall be given, whether the courses at the Summer Music Academy, Krakow 2020 will take place.
The 22nd Summer Academy of Music Kraków 2020
prof. dr hab. Andrzej Pikul Artistic Director
The 22nd Summer Academy of Music Kraków 2020 will take place between
21st – 29th August 2020 at the Academy of Music in Krakow.
- The following groups are eligible: students and graduates from academies of music, music school pupils and teachers working in music schools.
- The Summer Academy programme includes the following courses: instrumental, chamber music, vocal interpretation and composition. String and wind chamber music ensembles may apply for courses conducted by educators of corresponding specialization (string or wind instruments).
- The applicants may declare themselves as:
- active participants
If there is a large number of applications submitted to any course, the list of active participants will be established on the basis of an audition held on the first day of such course.
Candidates not qualified as active participants may apply for active participation in a course held by another teacher (to the extent of available places) or accept the status of a listener; in which case the difference in the fee shall be refunded.
- 4 lessons (60 minutes each) shall be guaranteed for the active participants.
- Each course will last 4 days minimum. The actual duration of the course shall depend on the number of enrolled students. The participants shall be notified by July 15 2020.
- The Organizers reserve the right to change the course dates and teachers.
- Concerts of the best performers among the course participants will be held in the “Florianka” Recital Hall at ul. Sereno Fenn’a 15.
APPLICATIONS, RESERVATIONS AND FEES
- Candidates to a course of the Summer Academy are requested to send – by 30th June 2020 – via letter, fax or e-mail:
a legibly filled APPLICATION FORM
enclosing a confirmation of payment of the non-refundable registration fee, 50 € to the address:
- The fee with registration fee for the course should be settled at the latest by 30th June 2020.
- Payments are to be made to the bank account of the Academy of Music in Krakow:
Bank PEKAO SA, III Oddział Kraków
IBAN: PL 42 1240 2294 1978 0010 2649 8028
title of transfer: Summer Academy
In case of a participant’s resignation from a course, the Organiser returns the fee paid after deducting 50 € of the registration fee.
Fees may be returned only due to important unforeseeable and documented reasons, notified at the latest 10 days before commencement of a course. After such date the Organiser will not return the fees.
Concerts of the best performers among the course participants will be held in the “Florianka” Recital Hall at Sereno Fenn’a 15 str
The fees for courses may be paid to the bank account specified above or directly at the cash desk of the Academy of Music in Kraków. The foreign students are asked to pay the equivalent in PLN, on the basis of the rate of exchange Euro/PLN in accordance with the average rate of exchange published by the National Polish Bank on the day of payment.
Course fees for foreign applicants:
Solo courses, composition
300 € + 50 € (Registration Fee) = 350 €
Duo 410 € + 50 € (Registration Fee) = 460 €
Trio 550 € + 50 € (Registration Fee) = 600 €
Quartet 700 € + 50 € (Registration Fee) = 750 €
Quintet and larger ensembles 750 € + 50 €(Registration Fee) = 800 €
Course fee for foreign applicants – listeners:
School pupils and students 85 € + 50 € (Registration Fee) = 135 €
Teachers and others 130 € + 50 € (Registration Fee) = 180 €
Day Pass for a course 10 €
There is a possibility of accommodation at the Dormitory of the Academy of Music at 3 Przemyska str.
Tel. + 48 12 431 10 20; + 48 12 431 10 50
(reservations for the duration of the course need to be made individually by the participants).
Place in double room 80,00 PLN per night per person.
21 VIII 2020, godz. 10:00 / 10 am
Concert Hall, św. Tomasza 43 str
Ceremonial opening of the 22nd Summer Music Academy Kraków 2020 accompanied by a concert.
24, 25, 26, 27, 28 VIII 2020, godz. 19:00 / 7 pm
Florianka Recital Hall, Sereno Fenn’a 15 str
29 VIII 2020, godz. 19:00 / 7 pm
Florianka Recital Hall, Sereno Fenn’a 15 str
Ceremonial closing of the 22nd Summer Music Academy accompanied by a concert.
21 VIII – 29 VIII 2020
(All teachers of instrumental specialties can lead courses of chamber music / it is possible to split the course between teachers of different specialties)