1999 – 2004
1999 – 2002
Rector – Prof. Barbara Świątek-Żelazna, eminent flautist
• The opening and consecration of the building at 43 Św. Tomasza street
• 4th Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival “From Beethoven to Mahler. In the Sphere of Great Symphonic Music”
• 2nd Summer Academy of Music
• Conferment of a doctorate honoris causa upon Prof. Dr hab. Mieczysław Tomaszewski.
• 5th Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival “Beethoven and 20th Century Music – the Age of the Apocalypse and Hope”.
• 3rd Summer Academy of Music.
2002 – 2005
Rector – Prof. Marek Stachowski, eminent composer
• Inauguration and consecration of the new organ manufactured by Karl Schuke Berliner Orgelbuwerkstatt GmbH.
• 2nd International Flute Competition.
• International Beethoven Symposium “Beethoven – Schubert – Chopin. In search of the Expression of One’s Own Existence” as part of the 6th Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival
• 6th Bach Days Festival.
• 4th Summer Academy of Music.
• 7th Bach Days Festival.
• International Symposium “Beethoven and the Musical Tradition of the Baroque Period” as part of the 7th Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival.
• 1st International Percussion Festival “Sources and Inspirations”.
• 5th Summer Academy of Music.
• 3rd international Baroque Orchestra.
• 9th Prof. Tadeusz Żmudziński Competition.
• International Session “Contemporary National Schools of Composition, Finland – Switzerland – Ukraine”.
• 7th International Bach Academy – J.S. Bach Mass in B-minor.
• Conferment of a honoris causa doctorate upon Prof. Helmuth Rilling.
• Academic session “Avant-garde and Traditional Thought in the Cello Works of Krzysztof Penderecki”.
• Academic session “Paul Sacher – Man and Thought”.
• International symposium “The Music of Krzysztof Penderecki in the Intertextual Era”.
• Formation of a new Faculty of Composition, Interpretation and Musical Education (combining of the Faculty of Composition, Conducting and Music Theory with the Faculty of Choir Conducting, Musical Education and Church Music).
• 6th summer Academy of Music.
• Days of Portuguese Music organized by the Choir Department.
• Masterclasses led by Prof. Dr h.c. Krzysztof Penderecki.
• 9th Bach Days Festival.
• T. Żmudziński Competition, organized by the Department of Piano.
• International symposium “Beethoven: Inspirations, Context, Resonance” as part of the
8th Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival.
• 2nd International Percussion Festival “Sources and Inspirations”.
• Performance of Krzysztof Penderecki’s Seven Gates of Jerusalem by the choir, soloists and symphony orchestra of the Academy of Music in Kraków.
• The Polish State Accreditation Committee awarded with distinction the Faculty of Choir Conducting, Musical Education and Church Music, as the only faculty among all artistic schools in Poland.